donderdag 31 augustus 2017

Nickie 120



All of a sudden, the expression on her face changed.

"Anything the matter, Nickie? No new invasion, I hope?"

"Don't worry, they are all gone and they will not come back. Don't laugh at me if it makes no sense at all. But I feel as if I just returned to the present myself. And it makes me wonder if...."

"Yes, the same thought ran through my head just before you fainted. You made another journey with the time machine. Not to 1900, not to 1959, but to some year in the future"

"And that is a frightening thought. It almost makes me shiver. You see, the general outline of the past is known to us. So much has been preserved. Pyramids and hieroglyphs, churches and old bibles, history books by famous writers, sound recordings, old film footage and so on. Both my journeys to the past gave me an experience that fitted perfectly into what we know. But we know nothing about the future. I hope it will bring many good things to mankind. But this invasion of giant alien insects was frightening. They were real. So it makes me wonder if there was a prophecy in my experience"

"If so, it's reassuring to know that at least one effective defense mechanism is already available"

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten