dinsdag 29 augustus 2017

Nickie 062



"Hello Rob, mission succeeded. At least it looks that way. I see some teenage boys and girls in the park. The fashion style of most girls is really fifties"

"Great. Can you talk a bit louder, please?"

"I'll give it a try. Some of the girls are in petticoats and one has her hair in a beehive. There are also some girls with rather conservative outfits. Twinsets and tweed skirts. One of the girls is wearing cat eye glasses but hers are less striking than mine"

"May I ask, can you hear me well enough?"

"Yes, loud and clear. And you?"

"Quite faint. Anyway, can you tell me what you are hearing in the park?"

"The boys and girls are chatting away. Nice atmosphere. Too bad I don't understand what they are talking about. It's all in Flemish. But one of the boys has a little transistor radio and he is searching for a channel to his liking. Hold on.... Yes, he just found a channel that plays popular music. All the teenagers seem to know the song. They now join in with the chorus.... Marina, Marina, Marina...."

"Ah, that's a classic. The singer was an Italian immigrant called Rocco Granata. It was a massive hit in 1959. I hope for you that the next song will be jazzy"

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten