zondag 27 augustus 2017

Nickie 047



"I'm back in the ragtime era"

"Great. Please tell me what you are seeing"

"The same people are still in the park, but they are all standing near the stage. It's a bigger crowd now. And there is a brass band on stage. It looks as if they are about to start playing"

"And can you describe what you are hearing?"

"Lots of noise. Musicians repeating a phrase or two, but not the same phrase. And the crowd is making quite a bit of noise themselves. The usual. I don't like the noise but it's interesting to watch this. Some things just never change"

"No sounds from the streets?"

"Perhaps, but everything is drowned by the sounds at the stage. Hold on.... Yes, they are just starting the first piece of music"

"Any idea about what they are playing?"

"Yes. No tune name but it's definitely from the Sousa repertoire. Did you ever hear about him?"

"I did. My gran and her sister used the word Sousa when they were describing a mess or a lot of bad noises"

"Really? Sousa was a famous composer but the rendition by this brass band is crap. Poor rhythm and lots of flat notes. But the audience seems to like it. They look attentive enough"

"Amateur audiences for amateur performers?"

"Exactly. To be honest, I'd prefer to leave them if that's fine with you?"

"Good idea. My side of the park is fairly quite. See you soon"

The inventor watched her closely. It did not take long before the lady landed.

"Good to see you again. Much better than a transparent silhouette"

"Thank you. Welcome to the present. What's next?"

"A short break. I will withdraw myself and you will see me arriving in one of my favorite fifties style dresses. Pale blue and pink"

"Perfect. There are six glasses left to try out and they may well match with the dress"

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten