zondag 27 augustus 2017

Nickie 043



Glasses: pince-nez, made between 1890 and 1920
[L: -5.25 / R: -6.50]

........................................................................................................................

After a short break, the lady and the inventor discussed the option of trying out the pince-nez.

"My Lord, I would love to take another dive into the past. It was a wonderful experience with the lorgnette and at I was able to hold it in front of my eyes with one arm. But I'm worried that the lenses in this pince-nez might break into smithereens if it slides from my nose. That's the only dilemma"

"Not to worry, Nickie. I will put the pince-nez on your nose. It will not slide or fall if  you keep your chin up. We can do a bit of the static portrait photography that was common in those days"

"That is reassuring. OK, let's give it a try. Any idea in which year I might land this time?"

"Some time between 1890 and 1920"

"Great. I may hear a different kind of music"

The inventor put the pince-nez on her nose with great care.

"It fits you perfectly. You have the right nose for this pince-nez. It may not give you 20/20 vision but close enough to make you feel comfortable"

"Not bad. You are right"

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten