zondag 29 juli 2018

Whitney 105



Glasses: Zenni 628534
[L: -11.00; c-1.25 v / R: -11.50; c-1.25 v]

The inventor produced a pair of green cat eye glasses and handed it to the model.

"This is the last of the three pairs I had in mind for this location. But I will tell you about the old man you saw on the lock. I remember him well. It was his job to maintain locks in the city and he was here once or twice a week. And the boy you heard yelling at the old man was the son of our neighbors. We did not get along well. He was a bit younger but a bit of a bully. And he was always pestering the old man who did his poorly paid job. He shouted in Dutch but perhaps you heard a familiar word as it's the same as in English"

"Now I think about it, he shouted something about beer, am I right?"

"Spot on. He always shouted 'Hey, beer belly!' and the poor old man wisely ignored him. Thank you so much for this. You might have landed in the water. But you might have landed dry in the present unless you swam to the lock to take off the glasses".

"You are right. There is no lock anymore. But it was only ten or fifteen meters to the stairs so that would have been no problem. Well, a bit of an inconvenience".

"Apologies for putting you at risk. Dry in the present, wet in the past, getting dry in the past and landing wet in the present".

"I don't mind. Life is full of risk and that's one of the things that somehow attract me. Not crazy risks but calculated risks. My reflex would have been to forget about the glasses and swim to the lock. You shouted at me when the bull was after me but I concentrated on trying to escape".

The model took a close look at the green cat eye glasses. "These are modern and the frame is great. But the lenses are so thick! They must be awfully strong".

"They are minus twelve. I ordered them in Hong Kong for a lady with that prescription so she could assess her looks in them. We had a relationship for eight years and we are still good friends. But she did not like the frame so the glasses ended up in my collection"

"So they are not as strong as the glasses with the circles in the lenses we used in the Lane? Well, in that case I will give them a try. And then it's time to check my smartphone"

It took the fog about half a minute to clear up.

"Alright, everything is crystal clear but tiny. Keep talking to me" (SNAP)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten