vrijdag 27 juli 2018

Whitney 079



"And one for the road. By the way, our ice creams were on the house" (SNAP) "Now excuse me for a second, it would be a pity if my ice cream melts"

"Somehow I just got the impression that you have a new idea. It was written all over your face. Tell me all about it".

"Ah, that means multitasking. Eating ice cream and telling about the new idea. You were right about that".

"I'm all ears".

"Seeing you wearing these glasses brought back another memory. Do you remember what I told you just before you started posing in that pair of extremely strong glasses?"

"I do. The real magicians were in minus glasses. And you believed that these women had absolute power over their surroundings. They carried a tiny image of the background with them in the streets".

"Exactly. Well, two years later I was invited by a classmate to come to his place and play cards or a parlor game. His mother joined us at the table and I started feeling very uneasy. She was incredibly beautiful. The most powerful magician I had ever seen. But this came too close. I felt shame for secretly wishing that she was my mother. And all of a sudden it became too much. I ran away from the table, from the room, from the house. I ran away without giving an explanation. Panic. Of course his mother called my mother. So when I arrived at home, my mother interrogated me sharply about my bad behavior. Of course there was no way to explain anything. I was only eight".

"Now let me guess. Would you like me to do some acting in the role of that beautiful, angry mother of your classmate?".

"Exactly. And may I request that you do the acting in these glasses? They are very similar to hers. The frame and also the power of the lenses. It's just around the corner. A two minute walk at most".

"I will meet your request. With pleasure. Will there be a time machine?"

"Yes, probably. It will not take long. Half a dozen photos will do. Or are you in a hurry?"

"Not at all. I will check my smartphone.... No news. OK, let's hit the road".

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten