zaterdag 28 juli 2018

Whitney 090



"And what happened here with the secret you kept to yourself about the magicians?"

"Not all that much. I kept observing women in the streets but in a discrete way. They kept fascinating me. After my Gran died, my father asked me if I would like to have her encyclopedia as a keepsake. That was a nice gesture and it's still in my library. But...."

"Would you have liked to have her glasses as a keepsake?"

"In all honesty, yes. But there was no way to ask for them. That would have come too close to my secret. Besides, it would have raised too many questions I simply couldn't answer at the age of ten".

"And what about girls with glasses?"

"To me at that age, girls with glasses did not give me the impression of magicians. That only started to change after we moved to the next address. At the age of eleven or twelve, our teachers in physics and biology explained all about the human eye. And I realized that glasses were just tools to improve eyesight. But this new knowledge never changed my fascination for women in minus glasses. I could still feel their magic. Knowing and feeling are two entirely different dimensions".

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten