woensdag 24 mei 2017

Nicole 006



My collection hosts several glasses by Louis Stone from the UK. They started their activities as early as 1950 and became a well known brand. Aside from glasses frames, they also supply other optical instruments like trial frames and trial lenses. Optical students get a discount. The oversize glasses shown here by Monique were acquired in the Cardiff area shortly after the turn of the Millennium. It was a memorable trip in many respects. Welsh charity shops were extraordinary helpful. Near the end of our stay in Wales it became clear that my life partner and I needed another large suitcase for the return flight. There was extra security on the airport because of the recent Twin Tower attacks and the suitcase with the glasses apparently looked suspicious under the X-ray. It was my task to open it with several loaded rifles pointed at me. I will never forget the glassy faces of the young soldiers who of course were simply doing their duty. The only model posing in these red Louis Stone glasses before Nicole was my climbing partner Marieke in Germany, four or five years ago.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten