vrijdag 20 april 2018

Chanel 062



Like the preceding pair, these Nina Ricci glasses have photochromic lenses so we started this new series in my living room. Sixteen models posed in the Nina Ricci glasses before Chanel. When she struck this confident pose, it was like a split second "déjà vu" experience. High time to snap.... the show must go on. When the unedited image rolled out on my PC screen it dawned to me that my feeling had been right. There is more than a touch of the posing by the great Sohaila who was one of the very best models I ever worked with. Sohaila had "been everywhere, seen everything" so I was thrilled when she reacted on my first casting call for the Dublin area five years ago. Nobody at home gave a penny for my chances that she would turn up. But she was there alright and her photo shoot is still a vivid memory in my mind. Sohaila had exactly the same prescription as Chanel and she chose the Nina Ricci glasses for her photo shoot, delivering a splendid series. Each pose was a statement of its own. Total control. Could it be that one of the Sohaila portraits was taken from the same vantage point as Chanel's? So I checked the series in the Nina Ricci glasses. No similar vantage point at all. The only conclusion was that Chanel is posing here in the Sohaila vein. Chanel, this is probably the best compliment I can give you. Thanks!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten