zondag 25 juni 2017

Marieke 399



Location: 800 meters above Ferpècle, Val d'Hérens, Switzerland

Glasses: nameless, from China
[L=R: -20.00]

This photo was taken near the end of August 2011, on my favourite bivouac site. Marieke and I used this site as "base camp" for several mountain climbs in the Dent Blanche chain. There is no shelter, let alone accommodation so we always carried everything we needed on our backs. The attractions of this site are the splendid views and the absolute privacy. It's easy to imagine what mountaineering was like 150 years ago.
Aside from being my climbing partner for many years, Marieke did four photo shoots for me between 2011 and 2013 (see index of my second weblog). Many glasses featured in my recent photo shoot with Nicole were first shown by Marieke in 2011.  



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten